Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tomboy notes.


A few days ago I wrote about not using my Moleskine journals anymore. Well, thanks to Joey Stanford, I now have found what I consider to be an incredible alternative: Tomboy notes.

Tomboy is a Gnome Linux application, so if you use Ubuntu Tomboy is installed by default. Because Tomboy is open source, you can of course get all the source code. Tomboy is a nice little application to start looking at if you're interested in helping write code for open source applications. But you don't have to be a programmer: there are other ways to contribute.

You can also see a list of other great Gnome applications.

As I've been thinking more and more of writing fiction lately--I now have to consider the effects of using something like Tomboy to plan with. Heck, I may even use it for my lesson plans....

No comments: