Monday, July 28, 2008

AP Java Workshop Report #1

I'm in Pittsburgh!

Got in yesterday, flying from Mountain Time to Eastern Time, so of course last night at midnight I was wide awake. Getting up at 6:30 this morning was a bit tough. Tip: set alarm clock far a way from bed, so you have to climb a chair and desk to get to it.

The photo on the left is the Tower of Learning at nearby University of Pittsburgh. I have this thing about tall buildings--I always want to go to the top, by stairs if possible. That's on my list of things to do before leaving Pittsburgh.

Some notes from the AP Java Workshop.

1. Discussed the implications of the upcoming elimination of th e AP Computer Science AB class (APCS A will remain).

2. Covered three very cool applications for teaching Java (and one even has a Python version):
--Jeliot
--Jeroo
--Javabat

3. Had a sub for lunch. Maybe I should have one of those big sandwiches before I leave Pitt.

No comments: